State or Territory authorities

New South WalesTourist signs are managed by the Tourist Attraction Signposting Assessment Committee (TASAC).
VictoriaApplicants seeking approval to place tourist attraction and/or services signs within road reserves should lodge an application with the officer in charge of tourist signing at the relevant Municipal Council.
QueenslandApplications for the approval of signing of tourist drives or establishments, should be completed and sent with appropriate attachments to the relevant Main Roads District Director for consideration.
Western AustraliaApplications for the installation of new or replacement tourist attraction or service signs must, in the first instance, be made direct to the relevant Shire.
South AustraliaEligible tourism businesses and services should lodge an
application with the local office of the Department for Transport, Energy and Infrastructure (DTEI).
TasmaniaThe Department of State Growth manages enquiries and applications for tourism feature and facility signs on the State Government Road network and, as has always been the case, is able to provide guidance to Local Councils and/or business operators on the Local Council Road network, if requested..
Northern Territory